’80 in 20’…erm, can we change that?!
If I am responsible for a process (a system) then I want to:
- see the actual voice of the process;
- get behind (and then drop) any numerical target;
- split the noise from any signals within;
- understand if the system is ‘in control’ (i.e. stable, predictable) or not; and
- spot, and investigate any special causes7
and, perhaps more important, I want to:
- understand what is causing the demand coming into the system (rather than simply treating all demand as work to be done);
- involve all of the people in their process, through the use of visual management (done in the right way); and then
- experiment towards improving it…safe in the knowledge that our measures will tell us whether we should adopt, adapt or abandon each proposed change.
Para acceder al sitio, haga Clic Aquí