Let’s involve Connecticut patients in reducing medical errors
As I sit here, thinking of what to write, stories of the people who have reached out to the CT Center for Patient Safety over the years are streaming through my mind. I am remembering the story of an infant whose high bilirubin level was not treated after birth and who suffered from kernicterus and now lives with severe complications of cerebral palsy; the story of the young mom who died sitting next to her 4-year-old after getting an allergy shot at the doctor’s office and going into anaphylactic shock. They didn’t have IV epinephrine to help her.
I am thinking of our board president who had to have both of his legs amputated above his knees after a surgeon sewed his aorta shut during routine abdominal surgery. The stories go on and on. They are not just statistics.
Para acceder al sitio, haga Clic Aquí